Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Plans for the new year.

I have to say that I am not sorry to see 2011 go.  All and all it was a pretty sucky year for me and my family.  There were some highlights.  I completed my very first race, the Disney 2011 1/2 marathon with two of my best friends in the world.  I beat the time that I had hoped to achieve.  I was hoping to finish in at least 2 hours 45 minutes.  I rocked it in 2 hours and 38 minutes. 


I also ran a race a month for almost the whole year.  The only months I missed were February and December.  I took February off to recover from the half and I couldn't find a race that was close by for December.  I didn't really want to drive an hour to run a 5k.  But all in all I think it was a pretty good showing for the year.

I am proud to say I convinced my good friend Amber Lea to try the Disney 1/2 Marathon this Saturday.  She has been training like a champ.  She is totally going to whip my butt in this race.  And her loving, wonderful fiance is also going to be running it as well.  Bravo to them for doing something out of their comfort zone.  So proud of them.  :-)  My friend Dave is going to be running the Goofy challenge for the first time this weekend.  He is going to rock it.

I am setting some new goals for 2012.  Some are running goals and some are just some goals in general. 

1.I would like to train for and run in my first full marathon.  I think that I have my eyes set the Providence RI one May. 

2. I would like to train for and do a Sprint Triathlon.  I can run and I am pretty sure the biking will be alright.  I am nervous about the swim.  I will have to find a place to train for that.

3.  I want to go back to school and get a graduate certificate in Project Management. (I already have my application in at the college I got my Masters in Psych.)

4. I would like to earn my PMP.

5.  I would like to be a generally happier person.  I have been too cranky, too mean and just all around not fun to be around lately.  I am hoping to take steps to be more fun to be around and just generally in a better mood.  I think that the upcoming vacation will help. 

I hope that everyone enjoyed their New Year's celebration.  Here's to a happy and healthy 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment