Monday, February 6, 2012

I should have been a farmer.

I went and did the coolest thing ever on Saturday.  My husband and I are friends with another couple named Jay and Tati.  Jay's cousin has a farm, with goats.  I love goats.  I beg my husband regularly to let me have one or a dozen.  They are super cute and generally friendly.  He keeps telling me we live in a town house and don't technically have a yard so I can't have one.  I would totally sod our deck for a goat. 

Tati and I made the hour trek to farm to see the baby goats.  Yup, not just full grown adult goats but babies, 28 of them.  And I got to feed them.  This made me a happy girl.

As soon as you get in the pen with them they swarm you.  They were sucking on my coat, jeans, shoes and even my fingers if I let them.

They were very excited to see us.

Moving goats are hard to photograph with just your iPhone.

They were so tiny and cute.

They are all bottle fed three times a day.  This makes them much more friendly.  Man, they can drink fast too.

This is one of the yearlings.  She was born last year.

There were still about 35 mamas that hadn't given birth yet.  So there will be more babies soon.  The babies we were feeding were about two to three weeks old.  I wanted to put one in my car and take them home.  I know I would get in so much trouble if I did.

Saturday was also the first day I ran since my stomach bug.  What a crappy run.  I guess my body needs more fuel than saltines, plain brown rice and tea.  Hopefully this week will be better.  My right calf is a little tender.  I am hoping it will feel better for tomorrow.  I have a 45 minute date with the treadmill in the morning.


1 comment: