Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It is almost here, BridgeFest.  I can not believe my co-workers and I have been planning this 5K for over a year now.  I have run in a bunch of races but I never really thought about all of the work that goes into planning one.  I now have first hand experience in all of the problems and craziness that makes up organizing a race.  The race is in a week and a half. 

I had lofty fundraising goals for this but it just didn't work out that way.  I always raise a lot of money for the MS Walk.  But I think that it is easier to ask people to donate money for a disease that you have.  Most of my family and friends donate to the MS fundraisers because they know someone with the disease, me. 


The money from my work's fundraiser goes to our human service agency's health and wellness initiative.  Most people living with a major mental illness die about 20 years earlier that those people without them.  We are working to stop this trend. 

The day will start early for me.  I have to be at the site at 6am to help set up.  Then I am going to run in the race.  Then my belly dance troupe is going to perform at the festival that follows the race.  I think that I am going to sleep well the night of October 1st.  It should be a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment