Thursday, September 15, 2011

So, I should get this right?

I do IT for a living.  I should understand how most technology works right?  I am embarrassed to say when I first used my Garmin Forerunner 405 on Tuesday it was a disaster.  I didn't read the manual, why would I right?  I got this I am a smart girl.  Oh, big mistake.  I wasn't able to figure out how to get the intervals on it to work.  Good think I had my iPhone with my Jeff Galloway app on it with me.  And then some how I accidentally turned it off 1/2 mile into my four mile run. 

Today's run with it went much better.  I didn't attempt to set the intervals on it this morning.  I did a simple work out and used the iPhone for my intervals.  I turned the bevel off as soon as I started the run.  I think that is how I turned it off on Tuesday.  I have to say I really enjoy having a heart rate monitor.  And I was pleasantly surprised when the Garmin told me my split times while I was running.  I have to say that the Nike + was off on my mileage most days.  It really was just a high tech pedometer.  I also really liked the ease in which I was able to sync my run this morning with Garmin Connect.  The graphs and info it gave me about my run were very informative.  I think that this new gadget can really improve my running. 

I think that I am going to have to sit down tonight and look at the instructions that came with the thing to figure out how to make it do what I want.  I guess I am in this Run/Walk/Run training for the long haul and I need my gadgets to help me make it happen.

Thanks Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner for suggesting that I get this model.  I would also like to thank Lauren @ The Running Cook and Christina @ The Athletarian for their helpful comments.  You guys really helped me decide to change from Nike + and I am very grateful for it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, I'm glad you are getting used to the Garmin! There are so many things I haven't figured out yet, but I'm still working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my garmin! I have never tried the Nike version but I am a big fan of Garmin. Glad you are liking it too! Thanks for the vote.

    ReplyDelete